Saturday, February 16, 2008

Flower Power



I just read a really interesting thing about cut flowers. It was in reference to a study done by Harvard medical school talking about the health benefits of cut flowers. Like ~ people who have flowers in their home worry less, have lower anxiety and have a more elevated mood that those who don't have flowers.

People with flowers in their homes also feel more compassionate towards others.

Having flowers around gives off a calming energy.

Flowers can help over come "morning blues."

That really fascinated me, because of how happy I always feel when I have cut flowers in the house. Plus, now that I know it is not just an indulgent luxury, but an actual HEALTH issue :) I'm going to make sure I always have some at home, and maybe on my desk at work too!
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: