Saturday, February 16, 2008

I have a new favorite gardening tool, it's called a Leatherman Hybrid pruner. I just used one for the first time, and now I'll never be happy working in my yard again until I have my own. It looks like regular pruner, which it is, but it has 10 other tools folded into the handle. A lot of times I'm skeptical about "all in one" tools because they are flimsy and "gadgety", but this one wasn't. Every thing really worked!

And I loved that because my problem is I don't just do one job at a time. I may go out to prune a tree, but then I see dandelions under it, so I have to go back in and get my weeder. Then I finally remember to remove those old rotten stakes from when a new tree was planted but I don't have my wire cutters. And then back to pruning, except there's one branch that really needs a saw, so I go get it. Does this sound familiar, or is it just me?
but if I had a Leatherman I could wander happily from job to job, which is my favorite way to garden, with 11 tools in my hand!
Yeah, I definitely need one of these! Any body else have one?

No comments: